Pages

Monday, 21 August 2017

On the Moors in Summer

Renovations st the new house are still in a very messy stage (though things are slowly getting better!) which is really getting me down. I don't cope well with disorder and mess! On Sunday, I took a day off from it all to head out for a proper walk, the first real walk since March!

I've been noticing how good the heather is looking this year. It always looks good, but this year it's even better than usual. I don't know when it will next be as good as it is now, so had to get out and enjoy it whilst it lasts.

There are a lot of photos in this post but I'm not going to say a great deal more. The pictures speak for themselves and I'm am too weary to add many words at the moment!

Enjoy :)









Burnet moth case

A mining bee, guessing Colletes succintus

There were many mining bees on the moors




Leaf beetle, Sermylassa halensis



Drone fly, I think Eristalis horticola

Ichneumon wasp, think a male Ichneumon stramentor

Spiked shieldbug :)

Common green hopper

There was quite a bit of fly agaric around, all nibbled.

Nymph of the spiked shieldbug

one of the 'bird poo' moths


a young common lizard











fox moth caterpillar




striped millipede







(blurry, far away) redstart

female reed bunting

willow warbler




male stonechat






Have you enjoyed the heather this year or been for any good walks recently?






3 comments:

  1. A beautiful walk, you're lucky to have that all on your doorstep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful.walk,thank.you.for.beautiful.pictures,greetings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanted to leave a comment here too for you, beautiful photos, this looks like a stunning area to walk through. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...