A collection of my wild moments from the past week...
During the week, I didn't have any wild moments really, not any time outdoors, but I have noticed small things...
The sunrise is getting earlier each day and gradually moving east, as well as the lighter evenings.
There has been a lot of early morning birdsong...
and snowdrops have opened in the last few days along the lanes I travel to school...
It was a long and busy week but on Friday school finished for half term. I'm ready for some time off, though I only have two days to myself next week and only one day without plans.
Yesterday I walked up Lantern Pike. This was the walk I wanted to do last weekend but didn't. The weather was much better for it this weekend, a very pleasant day for it and it was the first walk over five miles I've done for ages. I've written about the walk in my previous post here already.
Today I drove over to Hodsock Priory in Nottinghamshire to enjoy the snowdrops and other winter/spring flowers. It was quite busy which was off putting, but pleasant enough.
I didn't spend as long as I'd expected at Hodsock, so I went home via Sheffield and called at one of my favourite Waterstones for some browsing and eating of caramel, cinnamon and pecan cake. Beetle Queen and Landskipping came home with me.




I've noticed the lighter mornings and evenings too - it's been such a pleasure to be driving to and from work in daylight for at least part of the time. Love all the spring flowers. I've noticed the bulbs I planted last year are coming up and can't wait to see them. They were from a random selection so it will be a complete surprise! x
ReplyDeleteIt's the small things that a lot of people seem to miss isn't it :)
ReplyDeleteI'm enjoying the lighter mornings and evenings :)
ReplyDelete