Pages

Saturday, 4 July 2020

30 Days Wild : Days 27 to 30


The final instalment of this year's 30 Days Wild. 



On day 27 I got to see the sea! I haven't seen it since August 2018 but made a visit to my sister in law (not a social visit, I went to collect some things that she was getting rid of that I need) and took the opportunity of the very long journey (almost a 400 mile round trip!)  to make a little detour to the coast on the way home. There were some nice clouds along with the sunshine and showers weather and I enjoyed the sea air! I did intend to get down on the beach for a barefoot walk on the sand too, but living so far inland and not seeing the sea often, I never remember to think about the tide in advance and the tide was in at this time!







Checking on some wildflower seeds I planted a couple of weeks ago... They're progressing! 





I noticed some ants on a caterpillar on the patio today, presumably feasting on it or getting it back to the nest.





A full day working in the garden today (next big jobs happening at the weekend and there's a bit of prep to do this week). I finally spotted some cinnabar moth caterpillars on the ragwort in the garden, which is about to flower. I also saw a ladybird, several froghoppers and a few other insects making use of this plant. A lovely full day outdoors to end 30 Days Wild! 



Before June, I expected 30 Days Wild to look very different to how it turned out. I was furloughed from work and expected to have loads of time for nice, outdoor / nature based adventures! Only a little bit of garden work was planned at that point, but this escalated quickly when my dad got involved and said he would help with some of the jobs I thought might happen next year in order to get things done as soon, I'll never have time for it (see below!). It's been a full on month of hard work - especially in the heat we've had - and I've not really left the garden or done anything particularly interesting for 30 Days Wild, though the garden is finally taking shape and it feels good to have it transformed at last!

Next year's 30 Days Wild will look a bit different to this year's for sure!  Of course, we won't have just had a few months of lockdown and spent most of the month finally sorting out the garden but the biggest difference for me will be having a little wildling sidekick!  News I haven't shared until now, but there's a tiny human on the way here - and arriving quite soon!






5 comments:

  1. Tell us more.I am Intruiged.Barbarax

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your wildling will be educated in all things wild! You'll be a great teacher! I look forward to your new adventures with your little one xx Congratulations xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a feeling from little things you had said in previous posts that a little one may be on the way. Congratulations to both of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fantastic and exciting Louise, congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...