Pages

Monday, 20 March 2017

52 Weeks Wild #11


A collection of my wild moments from the past week...

Daffodils in the sunshine on Tuesday...


A quick trip over to Coombes Valley after school on Wednesday - the joys of finding there was no staff meeting that night after school, so I could get away on time and enjoy the warmth and sunshine for an hour! When I'd walked there on Sunday there wasn't any frog spawn in the pond and I didn't see any frogs, only newts, but the reserve reported via social media that on Monday around 50 frogs were in the pond so now there is frog spawn so I thought I'd revisit and see if any frogs were still there...


The cherry tree started flowering midweek too. This is a scene from Thursday, a rather grey and chilly day but a little brighter in the evening when I took this photo.


I was visiting family on Saturday so didn't have the whole day to myself, but did squeeze in a short walk at Ilam in the rain. The woods are full of wild garlic leaves and every so often, I caught the scent of it on the breeze.


I liked the contrast in the water below, as you can see the clearer water, filtered through the limestone, as it leaves the boil hole and joins the main flow of muddy water.


I enjoyed the sounds of the rain so made a video of it, just on my phone.


Sunday afternoon was a busy one. I spent the afternoon assisting with an arty party for Derbyshire Wildlife Trust, with 23 five year olds. We did some colour chip matching as we walked down to the outdoor classroom, then looked at some Andy Goldsworthy art and had a go at creating our own natural art in small groups. 


We also made 'green man' clay faces on trees and to finish, we made natural art bookmarks which the children take home with them (we quickly laminate them whilst the children eat their party food back in the classroom).







2 comments:

  1. So many lovely photos here, the daffodils are instant sunshine! Loved all of your wild/outdoors crafting pieces too, so fun! Love those shots of the frogs at the pond and that beautiful photo of the blossoms too. Spring is here! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the frog pictures and also how you captured the different colors of the water! Reminds me of a spring I used to visit when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...