I keep thinking of more and more things I could add, but I've decided to stop and keep it to 90 things, splitting it into 3 blog posts to make it more manageable as I've also 'illustrated' my list with my own photos - all taken by me (or featuring me!) over the last few years.
It's been great fun browsing through my (extensive!) photo archives to find photos to match an idea on the list and I've really enjoyed reminiscing about past adventures whilst I've been putting the list together! I really hope this will be of use to someone reading!
Here are my first 30 wild ideas... (you can click on them to enlarge any of the photos)
01 Follow a bee and see where it goes - where will it lead you?
02 Feel the grass beneath your toes
03 Plant some native wildflowers in your garden
04 Get a worm's eye view on the world
05 Create a work of art out of natural materials then leave it for someone else to find
06 Pause on your way to work and smell a flower
07 Record the birdsong in your garden and make a wild ringtone for your phone
08 Take a book outside and read it somewhere wild
09 Pause on your way to work and see what wildlife you can find around you
![]() |
| cucumber spider |
10 Drink your tea outdoors (tiny white slug tea drinking buddy optional!)
11 Go barefoot
![]() |
| I love being barefoot! |
12 Head outdoors after the rain and enjoy that damp, earthy scent
13 Watch a wildlife spectacle
14 Share something you know about wildlife with someone else
![]() |
| earwig covered in a kind of fungus of the order Entomophthorales, from the Greek Entomo - insect & Phthor - destroyer. |
15 Feed the ducks (but not crisps, no matter how hard they try to get at them!)
16 Get up early and listen to the dawn chorus
17 Go pond or river dipping
18 Stand still for 10 minutes outdoors - what can you see and hear?
19 Build a bug hotel (or buy one ready made and put it in your garden)... and it doesn't have to be as grand as this one I saw at Norton Priory last year!
20 Put up a nest box for birds or bats
21 Take a moorland walk and see what flora and fauna you find
22 Identify a tree
23 Catch a grasshopper (then let it go, of course)
24 Hug a tree
25 Observe a predator on the surface of a pond
26 Climb a tree
27 Roll down a hill
| me, rolling fast as it was quite a steep hill... |
28 Watch a sunrise
29 Watch the sunset
30 Fly a kite
Part two will follow tomorrow with the next 30 suggestions. I hope part one has offered you a little inspiration!
You can also find inspiration from...















Nice post, great photos and lots of good ideas here Louise.
ReplyDeleteCan I add jumping in a big puddle to your list? Cx
ReplyDeleteYes! I have left that one out of my 90 but I did consider it! I just keep thinking of more things... I could easily get carried away and do 4...5....6 posts!
DeleteBrilliant!!!! I had already thought of an idea linked to your bird ring tone. I thought I'd do an Oliver Messiaen and transcribe the bird song into music isc notation and perform it to the life at school particularly as we have been using bird song as a composing stimulus in year 2. X
ReplyDeleteLove them all...
ReplyDeleteAmanda xx
Great ideas. I had a few of them on my own list but will definitely be adding fly a kite if I can find ours! X
ReplyDelete