Pages

Thursday, 28 May 2015

Star Disc

I was in Wirksworth (Derbyshire) earlier this evening to see a film at my favourite cinema. After a couple of hours inside, I felt a real sense of joy walking out of the cinema at 9:30 to the fresh air and a still-light-evening...

 

I was really excited to be outdoors - there was a lovely atmosphere - it felt calm and peaceful and I was loving the cool air and the light breeze (perhaps it was just the effect of a pint of Dunkerton's black fox I'd had*, but I was so happy to be outdoors!)... My lift home* wasn't yet in sight, so rather than stand about at the roadside, I decide to enhance my enjoyment of the evening by walking up The Dale (a very steep, very narrow lane) to the StarDisc. I love the StarDisc!


I love it even more when I'm the only person there. I'm always happiest when I have places to myself, just me and the wildlife!

As darkness fell (and my lift arrived in Wirksworth) it was time to head home but I so enjoyed my little bit of evening spent outdoors :)



*I usually have to drive to Wirksworth as I live a few miles away but my car is a little bit broken so I'd had to arrange a lift to the cinema and home again and was therefore able to enjoy a favourite cider - bonus! - I usually drive myself everywhere so don't usually get to drink! 



4 comments:

  1. Nice post Louise. I like that Star Disc, it looks nice at dusk. I know what you mean about having the outdoors to yourself, I'm like that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having places to myself too - doesn't happen very often. I love the Star Disc and would love to see it at night - it looks wonderful in your photos as does Wirksworth. Hope you enjoyed the film:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice spot, and to have a few moments on your own...lovely.
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the star disc is beautiful and how magnificent to have it to yourself.x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...