I keep thinking of more and more things I could add, but I've decided to stop and keep it to 90 things, splitting it into 3 blog posts to make it more manageable as I've also 'illustrated' my list with my own photos - all taken by me (or featuring me!) over the last few years.
It's been great fun browsing through my (extensive!) photo archives to find photos to match an idea on the list and I've really enjoyed reminiscing about past adventures whilst I've been putting the list together! I really hope this will be of use to someone reading!
Here are my next 30 wild ideas... (you can click on them to enlarge any of the photos)
31 Run around outside in the rain - or go for a walk on a rainy day
![]() |
| It looks misty but that was torrential rain! |
32 Look for animal tracks
33 Build a sandcastle then watch the sea devour it (add a moat and a channel)
34 Hunt for fossils
35 Visit a poppy field or wildflower meadow
36 Make (or find!) a rope swing
37 Start a nature table in your home - or make a natural treasure memory jar from a wild day out
38 Find a rainbow in nature
39 See what you can find in a rock pool
40 Build a den
41 Go on a night time safari looking for bats and/or glow worms! Your local Wildlife Trust or bat group may run organised walks.
42 Look for the little things
![]() |
| heather shieldbug nymph and its shadow |
43 Climb a hill (don't forget to look back and take in the view every so often)
44 Search for natural treasures
45 See what's living in a local pond
46 Have a snail race
47 Make a paper boat and sail it down a stream
48 Paddle in a stream, river or sea
49 Head out for a golden hour wander
50 Discover a new wild place in your local area
51 Visit an ancient monument
52 See how many different birds / flowers / trees you can find in your garden or local park
53 Stand behind a waterfall
54 Find a natural face in a tree
55 Or make your own face using clay and natural materials
56 Explore the world beneath your feet - head underground into a cave
57 Go out and look for butterflies
58 Discover a new path to walk
59 Play Pooh Sticks
60 Have a picnic
Part three will follow tomorrow with the final 30 suggestions. I hope parts one and two have offered you a little inspiration!
See my previous post for the first 30 ideas.
You can also find inspiration from...








More great ideas Louise. I love that last photo, what a beautiful place to picnic.
ReplyDeleteYou have come up with some wonderful Ideas Louise and the photos to match are very inspiring, colud be doing this all year never mind 30 days, they would make a lovely book...
ReplyDeleteAmanda xx
I think these are even better than the first ones. Particularly love the rainbow. x
ReplyDeleteLots of creative, imaginative ideas here!
ReplyDelete