In the sunshine on Monday, the first lesser celandines of the year spotted on my way to school...
Crocuses are popping up everywhere too.
The cherry tree doesn't have any blossom yet, but it's coming. I have photos of this tree in March for the past 6 years and it's interesting to compare it year on year.
On Saturday I had a long and busy day at Carsington Water. I was scheduled to run two birthday parties; a fairy party for fifteen 4 year olds in the morning and a pond dipping party for twenty two 4-5 years old in the afternoon. I took these photos on my way to the outdoor classroom to set up for the fairy party...
| goat willow |
![]() |
| hazel flowers |
![]() |
| The pond, a grey dull day. |
In the end the fairy party didn't happen - no one turned up for it and it turned out there had been a miscommunication over dates and the Wildlife Trust had it booked in for Saturday morning but the parents thought it was Sunday morning. The pond party was a success though and the children had a great time!
This afternoon I've been out for a short walk at Coombes Valley. I liked the new play trail sign and noticed the fairy village has had a little revamp. Fresh and fragrant wild garlic leaves were appearing and I saw some scarlet elf cups and a stonefly as well as a lot of horses hoof (or tinder) fungus. The sun had been shining this morning but it was dull and overcast again this afternoon then drizzle moved in.
Did you spend any time outdoors this week?





Gosh 22 4/5 yr olds, I struggled with a just a couple in the past!! It's great though that people are booking these kind of parties, such a good way to get the kids outside!
ReplyDelete