Pages

Monday, 29 June 2020

30 Days Wild : Days 22 - 26


I felt like giving up on 30 Days Wild last week week as I've found it hard to keep up, have barely been out of the garden all month and last week it has been far to hot to go outside!! I have limped through though so may as well make it to the end now! 




On day 22 I noticed that aphids had moved in on the elder and ants were taking advantage to farm them. I also set up my insect watering hole, which I remembered to dig out of the shed, ready for the next wave of too-hot-weather. 






On day 23 I had a hospital appointment and had planned to have a little walk on the way home for 30 Days Wild... it didn't happen though! What I thought was to be an in and out within the hour affair turned into a whole afternoon! 4 hours sat in a hot hospital and having to wear a mask the whole time. It was a really hot day so by the time I left at 5pm - and having to get into a car that had been sitting in full sun for the whole time - I was ready to just get straight home to eat and cool down!  Instead of my planned walk, I ended up just having a cup of tea in the shade and watering the new plants on the wall we built last week. 





Day 24 was another hot one so there was no going outdoors for me ... I just can't cope with heat! All I managed was watching the swifts at dusk.





Day 25 was hotter still *sigh* so it was another indoor day mostly but then I did get in about 4 hours outdoors in the evening! I painted scaffold boards ready for one of the next garden projects, faffed about with the habitat wall adding some mini pine cones in holes and putting bee tubes in the terracotta pipes. Then I decided to have a cup of tea sitting out on my bench around 10pm. There were still swifts flying overhead and the temperature was lovely, along with a breeze! 








I was hoping day 26 was to be a much cooler day but it wasn't so. I got out early in the morning for a couple of hours to paint more scaffold boards and pot up a couple of plants and did some faffing around with the pond too.  Later in the afternoon I was eating some fruit that needed using up and decided to put a few pieces out as an insect buffet. I'd seen quite a few butterflies in the garden over the last few days so though some of them might appreciate it. I managed to capture a hoverfly taking advantage of it.












3 comments:

  1. You are doing great this years 30 Days. Love your insect cup and what a lovely thing to do for the hover flies and butterflies to leave fruit out. When I leave fruit out all I get is flies! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be finding the heat so very hard to cope with! I can't imagine it! You're still doing really well with 30 days wild though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the heat, it was just too hot wasn't it, I don't like it or cope well with it! Even doing the little 'wild' things help though don't they. The wall is looking great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...