I'm struggling a little this week with 30 Days Wild already! Lockdown and time off work has finally allowed my some time to not only make plans for the garden (it's only been waiting two years!) but actually order some of the things I needed and get cracking on it so that's taking up a chunk of my time at the moment.
My sister volunteered to help me pull up the old patio (I never liked the slabs I bought with the house) and lay the new stone (largely as she has a use for the old slabs!) as at the moment, although I have all this free time, I can't do these things myself easily (just a temporary hitch!).
She came over today and so I spent quite a lot of time outdoors (too much, in the heat, I really don't do well!) but none of it was really dedicated wild time!
I did however notice that there's absolutely loads of cuckoo spit in the grass now. I also saw my first mirid bug of the year in the garden and spotted a few cinnabar moths on the ragwort that grows wild in different places every year!
The aim is to have the new patio laid somewhere between Friday and Sunday - hopefully Friday - so the last of the old stone needs to come up and the ground prepped ready for that!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)