It has been a busy few days for me, hence getting behind on posting, though I've not had a lot to share really so it doesn't matter, you haven't missed much!
Day 4 I spent in the garden, pulling up the last of old patio slabs and weeding it ahead of laying new slabs. I noticed elder flowers on their way too.
On Day 5, my sister came over to help lay the new patio. I'm not able to do as much myself at the moment so couldn't have managed without her. In the photo below she was doing a 'wobble test' on that slab.
I had a bit of a lazy day on Day 6... the weather was a bit wild; very wet and windy but I enjoyed cloud watching as the sky was changing so fast.

Day 7 featured some nature reading and catching a sunset in the evening after the sun came out.
Yesterday, Day 8, I got back on the garden work. The next project is building a small wall in a back corner of the garden.
Some of the old patio slabs were used to make a base for the wall.
It doesn't look great at the moment, I know, but this is just the start! The inspiration comes from my sisters garden. She also has an area where she unearthed all sorts of bits of stone / brick / cement blobs and so on. She's very keen on using what she finds so built this little wall out of all the rubbish! In the photos, it's still a work in progress. I was impressed and thought it a great habitat for a range of creatures, so she's coming to use my stone pile (which is very different to hers!) to see what we can create on a similar sort of theme in my garden.
How has your 30 Days Wild been going?
I thought I was going to do much better than I have so far, being off work a the moment, but life is still very busy!




















I'm not travelling so can't do exciting posts like swimming or visiting a nature reserve so I've just been enjoying the nature in my yarden and local park. Good luck with your nature wall, it sounds a good project xx
ReplyDeleteYou've been doing lots of intersting things. I love the idea of the wall using what you can find in yours and your sister's garden, such a great idea. I've kept going so far with this and that, I'm using my old 30 Days blog, link on my sidebar:)
ReplyDelete