A collection of my wild moments from the past week...
Only it's not been a very good week at all for getting outdoors. This is the first weekend of 2017 that I haven't been out for a walk. It was partly due to the weather and partly laziness. There were other things to do and it was very easy to just stay at home when the weather has brought sleet, rain, snow and - my least favourite - wind. I hate windy days and this weekend brought a strong and pretty chilly one!
Last Monday I spent a bit of time in the garden and the thawing droplets on the grass caught my eye, it looked like the grass was diamond tipped!
On Tuesday I had to go on a sessional staff training day with Derbyshire Wildlife Trust so I had an afternoon away from school (I don't work Tuesday mornings usually so I also lost a free morning). Most of the day was indoors but we did get out for half an hour in the afternoon.
I spotted a barn owl whilst driving home from school on Thursday evening. I should have been able to take a photo really, but the camera settings were all wrong as I'd used it indoors the night before so I took a terrible photo and then the owl flew on! I've seen tawny and little owls on my journey to work before but that was my first school run barn owl!
As previously mentioned, I failed to get out for a walk this weekend but I did take the scenic route home yesterday, after an afternoon in Cheshire, coming home over the snowy moors in the fog. I did stop to take in the views (or lack of!) at one point and found a little roadside snowman.
Today I had things to do at home and didn't fancy a walk in the wind but I did head out very briefly to appreciate the snowy landscapes at Home.
I've also made sure there's plenty of food out for the birds too :)
How was your week?

I like your take on 30 days wild since I think part of it is being mindful and aware of the wild world and taking a moment to enjoy it, appreciate it or notice something, such as the snowman and the barn owl. You might not have been able to snap it but you still saw it, acknowledged it, wrote about it and thus inspired at least me but undoubtedly more people!
ReplyDeleteThe diamond droplets on the grass are wonderful! Your photo captures that so well!xx
P.S. hope all is well. No luck on the house front. Estate agent is being a tool and it sold in 24 hours to someone else, didn't get to see it!!! What about you?xx
Sorry to hear it's not been the best week, same here Louise, so I feel you! I do love the roadside snowman though and I definitely agree, windy days are really the only type of weather I'm not fond of, especially the windy days we get up here now, they're always biting winds lately! I love the thawing droplets on the grass in the first shot, that's gorgeous! Hope you're doing well. - Tasha
ReplyDelete