Pages

Sunday, 29 September 2019

Time Outdoors


I've managed a few impromptu outdoor moments this month, squeezed in around all the work I've had...



One day, I visited Sheffield and managed to get in a walk at Ecclesall Woods before I came home...









There were very short walks at Swineholes Wood and Wetley Moor Common one rainy Sunday afternoon.



I found some very fresh porcelain fungus in the woods during a working day with Derbyshire Wildlife Trust in Buxton. I also got in a couple of hours of pond dipping that day too, netting some nice beetles and water boatmen!


After working all day in Buxton, I was full of energy - such is the power of a lovely day outdoors for me! I was feeling so energetic, I decided I must go and climb Shutlingsloe in the evening, to burn off some energy and make the most of the sunshine. I did it barefoot too, the first barefoot walk I've done for a long time.






There were several ravens flying around by the top, along with a kestrel and plenty of meadow pipits.


The following day (last Sunday), I led a bushcraft birthday party for a 6 year old (which earned both myself and Derbyshire Wildlife Trust some fantastic praise from the family via an email - always nice to be told you've done a great job!)  and then in the evening, I once again had a hankering to get outdoors... I didn't go far, just up onto Gun Hill for a wander.



That pointy hill in the cloud in the distance is Shutlingsloe



Broom moth caterpillar

It had been a rather wet afternoon so I didn't expect great things up here, I was just enjoying the fresh air, but as I wandered through the wood, the light changed...


The sun broke through just before it set and bathed the land in a golden glow









This last photo was taken on Friday. I was supposed to be working but wasn't needed after all. The extra day was most appreciated. I had a quick walk in the woods and then cleaned my house thoroughly, for the first time in almost two weeks, which felt so good!



All these outdoor moments have given my a desire to get out more so I'm going to attempt another 'Wild October'. You may recall I did this three years ago as a kind of autumn version of 30 Days Wild.

I have quite a lot of work again for October, but not as much work as I had this month thankfully. I'm hoping to have time to share some Wild October blog posts, maybe even a daily post. We'll see how that goes.

2 comments:

  1. The photos are beautiful, what a moment with the sun! I noticed quite a lot of fresh fungi in the woods this morning before work, I think all the rain has brought it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely collection of outdoors shots. You have a great eye.

    Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...