The afternoon sunshine was very bright and very warm.
I followed the Woodcock Trail and, clearly feeling rebellious, I did it backwards! (There's no right way really, but I always walk it the opposite direction, out of habit I suppose, so this time I did it the 'wrong' way, which felt weird!).
There were lots of fallen apples around, in various places along the walk, and there was a distinct fresh, apple-y smell around where they had fallen which I really enjoyed!
I saw a few hairy shieldbugs :)
There were lots of sulphur tuft mushrooms too, in varying sizes.
I saw a lot of fly agaric but all well nibbled examples, as is often the case.
I also saw a lot of birch bolete.
As I walked along the path, there was a sudden movement amongst the greenery and I spotted a roe deer running away. She stopped, I stopped and then we ended up stood staring at each other for several minutes.
| birch polypore |
I'm glad I ditched my plans and just went outdoors instead whilst the sun was shining as I worked Friday and Saturday and the weather here has been chilly, damp and drizzly since!
Cor, look at all those shrooms!!!! I love to look at them (sadly no Jelly ears!!) Your photos are beautiful. We went for a walk on Saturday and came across a deer too.Sadly, as I was taking a photo, my husband got in the way and then it hid behind a tree!
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful moment with the deer, worth walking the wrong way around! The photos are lovely :)
ReplyDeleteThis is Autumn, what a lovely walk.
ReplyDelete