I've made a spur of the moment decision today to attempt weekly (at least!) wild time and aim to keep up these weekly posts for the whole year. The first week of 2017 has passed so here's a little round-up of my time outdoors this week.
New Years Day saw me out, with family who live in Lancashire, for a walk on Pendleton Moor and around Churn Clough Reservoir. It was so cold and windy. Don't be fooled by the blue sky - it was a real, bone chilling wind, unpleasantly cold, but still good to be outdoors.
There was snow on top of Ingleborough and Pen-y-Ghent that morning. These photos were taken later in the afternoon though, when it had melted.
Back to school this week and with the dark evenings, it hasn't been easy to make time to be outdoors but here are few wild moments from my week...
Sunshine and Frost on Monday and Tuesday
After a long day at school on Wednesday, I spent a few minutes in the garden whilst the kettle boiled when I got home and took a photo of the waxing crescent moon.
Friday was damp and gloomy but wintry trees still look good.
Saturday was grey and rainy too.
Did you spent any time outdoors during the past week?

Wow! Your photo of the moon made my skin prickle. The old cliché, so near yet so far... That seems to put another perspective on things, and yet is just as real as the icicles and frost around us too. So weird.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful views on your walk here Louise and that shot of the moon is just gorgeous! Love those frosty shots too. I'm so sorry I missed your Tweet last night, I'll have to join in with you the next time it's going on! - Tasha
ReplyDeleteLovely photos, especially the one of the moon!
ReplyDeleteI love the frost pictures! Before the ice storm hit here, my family and I walked to dinner last night. It was cold but lovely!
ReplyDelete