A collection of my wild moments from the past week, starting with a damp and drizzly walk in Bakewell last Sunday, a little under five miles, up out of town, along the Monsal Trail and then back over the hill towards the town.
Heading home after my walk, I drove through patchy fog, thick in places and quite clear in others. The view down the valley below caught my eye.
Monday morning in the garden and there were nine hen pheasants clearing up spilled bird seed around the feeders! This photo was taken as they were dispersing but you can count all nine in it!
On my way to school I noticed some tiny snails when I was looking at the moss and lichen on a tree (there are two on the moss, I think they're amber snails).
I caught the sunset after school on Wednesday....
and on Thursday we had some snow in the afternoon. Not a lot but still nice to see.
More snow fell overnight and so on Friday morning the message I'm always hoping for in Winter came; school is closed today!
A few inches of snow fell but then it started to melt pretty quickly when the sun came up. I went out for a quick walk at lunch time.
Today it's chucking it down and the snow has now gone. It's perfect get-cosy-with-my-book weather but I still want to go outdoors for a walk in the rain so I may head out this afternoon.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)