Pages

Sunday, 9 July 2017

52 Weeks Wild #27


A collection of my wild moments from the past week...


Time outdoors has been pretty much non-existent this week.  I've spent a lot of time at the house as internal renovations are well under way...  I'm so fed up of brick dust and insulation and being itchy from fibre glass dust. A lot of progress has been achieved in a week though and this is the messiest work so once this bit is finished things will improve!

I did spend a few minutes wandering in my garden one evening, when I needed a few minutes respite from the heat and dust clouds indoors... everything is suddenly looking tall in the garden and ragwort and hydrangeas are flowering.


Another evening, I watched some ants on their aphid farm down by the garden pond.


The weekend has largely been spent hefting floorboards around and laying a floor in the loft... I never knew those boards were so heavy! I'm covered in bruises and have a few aches today but it's good to have a floor to walk rather than balancing on joists!  On Saturday night though, I had an hour or so outdoors in the woods above Poole's Cavern in Buxton to see a performance by Whispering Woods. I've seen Whispering Woods before, it was a Beltane event at Longshaw about three years ago and they were really good. Tonight's performance didn't have the fire that the Longshaw event had but it was still good and I really enjoyed a bit of woodland air!  I almost took a bit of the wild home with me too... I felt a tickle when I got back to the car and found a spider down my top! I fished him out and left him next to the woods!







I was driving home just as the sun was setting, golden hour light on the moors is one of my very favourite things! I stopped briefly and watched lapwings flying around and spotted a couple of chicks too. Oh and I got buzzed by a curlew too - one flew so close in front of me, I think it's the closest view I've ever had of one!






I'm not entirely optimistic for time outdoors over the next couple of weeks between house stuff and the last two weeks of term, but I'm sure I'll squeeze something in!

How was you week?










5 comments:

  1. Good luck with all the house stuff, it will all be worth it in the end... The whispering woods looks really interesting, I would have liked this...
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could live without spiders on me, I do like to look at them from a distance!! The live theatre looks fun (much more so than spiders down your top!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shot of the ants there and of course the golden hour shots as I mentioned on your other blog, they're just stunning! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do sound so busy with the house, I'm glad you still mange to find some time to observe some wild moments. Your other blog is suddenly coming up on my computer with a security alert and won't let me in there - very strange! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's odd, it all seems fine at my end and I've had a few comments on it today so other people can obviously access it ok... hoping it's just a temporary glitch somehow with your computer?!

      Delete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...