Pages

Sunday, 30 July 2017

52 Weeks Wild #30

A collection of my wild moments from the past week...

The week got off to a good start with a Wildplay session for Staffordshire Wildlife Trust at one of my favourite locations for it. Since I was last at this site, the car park has benefited from the addition of a few wildflowers, planted in the corners by local school children. They really brighten up an otherwise dull space and it looked like the local insect populations appreciated them too.


The session itself was a lovely start to the season, quite busy and a really pleasant afternoon of bug hunting, raft building (and sailing) and trails.


I did Wildplay again on Tuesday in a different park, pretty much the same as Monday but with den building as well but I didn't take any photos during the session.

The rest of the week wasn't very wild... I had half days doing things for other people and the other half of the days working on the house. There is so much to do - not just at the house - and I've been trying to do too many things all at once! I need to prioritise and accept that some things will just have to wait. Anyway, it's been a great week in terms of making progress with my renovations but the house has consumed all of my free time this week so I really struggled for time outdoors other than the Wildplay sessions.




I am not doing any Wildplay next weeks so I'll have to make a little more effort to get outside!








2 comments:

  1. The flowers look fantastic, I love all the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos here Louise, absolutely love the first few of the flower field, what lovely colours and the shot of the spider is fantastic! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...