Pages

Sunday, 16 July 2017

52 Weeks Wild #28


A collection of my wild moments from the past week...

This week I realised I had unintentionally collected a rainbow in the garden, with the exception of blue. I found a blue hydrangea on my travels to complete the set...




I also spotted a frog in the pond this week and another water lily flowered.


I watched this robin in a tree for a while too, a partially bald robin.  I wonder what is causing the feather loss, I'm sure I've read they can have mites which cause this and they can recover from that but I do wonder if it has some kind of disease too. I'll have to look out for this robin and see if it loses any more feathers. Or perhaps it's just looking tatty after a busy time feeding young ones.


I spent this afternoon outdoors delivering a bushcraft party for Derbyshire Wildlife Trust. It was a 7th birthday and, by coincidence, I had been at the little girl's 6th birthday party last July too! Last year she had a fairy party and she enjoyed it so much, they came back to us this year :)



Today we talked about what animals need to live, including shelter/habitats and then made shelters for little toy animals...



Then we toasted marshmallows on the fire, made woodland medallions to take home and practised using flint and steels to light cotton wool before heading back to the classroom for party food.


So, that's another week down... just one more week at school to go! I can't wait for Friday!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...