Pages

Saturday, 3 September 2016

Turning

The last few weeks have had a definite hint of autumn in the air here. The mornings have been cold with mist in the valleys and a scent of wood smoke in the air.

I know it's not autumn yet, not until the 22nd of September this year (at 3:21pm if you want to be precise!), but the wheel is definitely turning.

"Autumn creeps in almost imperceptibly; as the heat of summer gradually faces away,  the evenings become cooler and little by little the days get shorter. A softer, subtler light replaces summer's harsh sunshine and on misty mornings heavy dew coats the grass and scatters like pearl drops among strings of cobwebs." (Fiona Danks)

These are a few late summer, autumnal feeling photos I've taken over the last three or four weeks...






















"September days are here,
With summer's best of weather
And autumn's best of cheer" 
(Helen Hunt Jackson)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...