I'm going to give it ago - doing something wild everyday in October.
I watched the weather forecast this morning and Saturday, the first day, looks like a pretty poor start - wet and windy. That almost put me off, but as much as I hate wind, I'm not so fussed about rain and some of my best and most memorable walks have involved heavy rain, so I will make the effort to go outside instead of hiding indoors and getting cosy with a pile of books!
The plan is photo each day and I shall write a blog post here for each day, as I did for 30 Days Wild in June (assuming I make it through the month!). It's going to be harder than June on account of the reduced daylight hours so whether I manage to complete 31 Days Wild for October remains to be seen but I thought it would be worth a try!
Just before October arrives, I thought I'd share a few 'wild moments' from September...
At the weekend, I delivered my very first Derbyshire Wildlife Trust birthday party! It was a lovely (though very windy!) afternoon for it at Carsington Water, but it was a rather busy day - a hectic few hours, with 12 five year old party guests plus all the mums and dads staying (which doesn't usually happen, it was a squeeze in the classroom!) and a lot of younger siblings who are not supposed to join in with the party but did. Still, the parents were happy, the children had a great time and I got home absolutely shattered! It was a fairy party which isn't really my thing (too girly!) but it was still nice to be out having fun in nature. The outdoor classroom was full of all sorts of fungus, but of course I didn't have time to dally taking photos of mushrooms.
I shall be back on Saturday with my first 31 Days Wild October post!
Does anyone else want to join in?!
*EDIT* - it has just occurred to me that I did 'Wild October' last year when 30 Days Wild became 365 Days Wild, so perhaps it won't be too tricky ;) I shall have to go back and remind myself I managed it last October!



I'm in! :-D
ReplyDeleteGood luck with it :) I might try and give it a go!
ReplyDelete