Pages

Sunday, 2 April 2017

52 Weeks Wild #13

A collection of my wild moments from the past week...

The last week of March hasn't been good for time outdoors. It has been a very busy week and I'm very tired at the moment!  

I had to attend a staff meeting after school on Monday at The Wildlife Trust, which meant I didn't get home until after 6 o'clock but I did have a few minutes before the meeting started to admire the view and appreciate the sunshine.


I had a day off work on Thursday to attend an appointment and had hoped to have some free time to spend outdoors. That didn't happen, and I didn't get home until 7pm, but I wandered down to the bottom of the garden and noticed that frog spawn has been laid in the garden pond :) It wasn't there the day before.


On Friday morning I visited a friend for a couple of hours before going to work and we had a quick walk. I spotted this woodpecker carving on a tree.


After the short walk, we admired daffodils and corkscrew hazels in my friend's garden whilst a green woodpecker called from somewhere nearby.

When I got home that evening, it had turned into a very pleasant day and there were lots of creatures enjoying the sunshine on the laurel hedge...





In theory, I didn't have a lot planned for the weekend but in reality I had things to catch up on which kept me busy all day on Saturday. I had to visit the John Lewis store at Cheadle (near Manchester) for the second time this week today and had planned to have a walk at Alderley Edge afterwards but it was so busy, I couldn't find anywhere to park and so I gave up on that and had a productive afternoon in Arighi Bianchi instead of spending time outdoors. After a day driving and in shops, it was good to get home and enjoy the sunshine in the garden for a little while, walking barefoot over the lawn (which seems to have become more moss than grass on the lower garden) and watching creatures in the pond.



Have you noticed nature this week?










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...