A collection of my wild moments from the past week...
It was the last week of the spring term and has been busy. I was so tired! School finished for two weeks on Friday (hooray!) but holiday feels like a grand term for the next two weeks as I have work with the Wildlife Trust, things to do at home, people to see and places to be! Anyway, back to the past week...
A daffodil in the garden on Monday...
Insects sunbathing on the laurel hedge again on Tuesday...
Tadpole watch on Thursday and Friday (the spawn was a week old on Thursday)...
Friday evening... sunshine in the garden after school, cool grass beneath bare feet :)
I watched a fox over the garden hedge, hunting in the fields...
The weekend has been lovely, weather wise. I should have made an effort to go out for a long walk, but honestly, I really couldn't be bothered! I needed a relaxed, no plans kind of weekend I think and couldn't organise myself to pick a place to walk and commit to it! It feels like a waste of great weather but I needed a quiet, more at homey weekend.
I did go over to Sheffield for a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon and had a really quick walk in Ecclesall Woods (really quick, just half an hour), where I met a pair of Mandarin ducks on the pond.
I ended the weekend with a little bit of reading time in the garden...



Lovely to see the fox, we get them in our garden on a regular basis on a night, very noisy they are!
ReplyDeleteI know just how you felt about the weekend - I was so tired that I ended up staying home and reading too. I did wander over to check out the grebes who have reappeared back on the lake and are nesting again :) x
ReplyDeleteThose pictures of the ducks are gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteFoxy!!!! What sunny photos!!! I love to hear of your nature spots!
ReplyDelete