Pages

Saturday, 29 April 2017

A walk to the bluebell wood

A quick walk this morning whilst the sun was shining, out of the house and across the road to the bluebell wood :)


new oak leaves

wood anemone

cuckoo flower
ribwort plantain
Looking across the land towards Home :)
Elm

I was a little too early. The bluebells are not yet at their best.


Many of the flowers are not open.



I made it a circular walk, coming back via the marsh.


I'm not sure what these flowers are but thinking some type of bittercress. I need to look them up. They were growing along the edge of a stream in very boggy ground.



EDIT: I've looked up the flowers and think they are large bitter cress.
http://www.naturespot.org.uk/species/large-bitter-cress






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...