A collection of my wild moments from the past week...
I went back to school on Monday after the Easter holidays. This meant no more Wildplay so much less time outdoors but it was nice to have a quieter week (back in my usual, part time school routine) after such a busy holiday!
I've not spent a lot of time outdoors during the week but I did notice how the lanes I travel to school have changed so much over the couple of weeks I was off (I only ever travel that way for work). There were loads more daffodils and lesser celandines, cuckoo flowers popping up as well as bluebells, marsh marigolds and greater stitchwort.
We've had some very cold and frosty mornings this week in my part of the world and on Tuesday morning I opened my window at 6:30am to see a very light dusting of snow. It didn't last long of course.
I love watching the weather travel across the land. We've had a few April Showers this week too, a mix of rain, hail and snow.
The roses are growing taller in the garden and fresh leaves growing...
Yesterday I had a short walk from the house to one of the nearby woods to see the bluebells. I was a little too early, the bluebells not quite at their best but it's always a pleasant walk. I have already shared some photos from this walk so you can see larger versions of the photos below in my previous post.
Today, I spent the afternoon volunteering with Derbyshire Wildlife Trust at a family fun day event held at Derby University. It was so busy, I didn't even have time to think about taking a photo or two, but we were doing crafts with a water/rivers theme including making little fish on rods, crayfish badges, balancing dragonflies and pipe cleaner caddisfly larvae...
I'm excited to have a bonus day off school tomorrow! I've not made any plans yet so don't know what I'm going to do with it but hopefully it'll involve some time outdoors, some cake and some reading!
Have you any plans for the bank holiday?

We got the hailstones too, several showers of them! IT would have been nice to have a little snow, it's been lacking this winter. Lovely to see so many flowers and new growth about. :)
ReplyDeleteHope the first week back has been OK! Love those new leaves growing on the rose bush there, the colour is gorgeous. Love the final photo with the craft too, so cute. - Tasha
ReplyDeleteIt's been a surprise this week having to scrape the ice off the car windscreen! Hopefully that's the last of the frosty mornings though. It's been a lovely, if breezy, weekend here and gorgeous in the woods. x
ReplyDelete