I stood and watched a jay eating a nut and also saw nuthatches and a great spotted woodpecker, amongst many other garden birds.
Before heading home, there was time for cake (sticky lime polenta cake - delicious) and hot chocolate at The Woodland Coffee Stop (a favourite little cafe, I've mentioned it here before).
I don't think there's any more to say, bluebells rather speak for themselves...
Have you enjoyed a bluebell wood yet this spring?
That's so lovely! Ever found any (dropped) Jay feathers? Very beautiful. I love the Jay call - like something from Jurassic Park!
ReplyDeleteYes, I have a couple of their blue feathers in my small feather collection! From Southwick Wood in Northamptonshire and one from Macclesfield Forest too :)
DeleteThe bluebells really are gorgeous this year. Funnily enough, when we walked the woods last weekend, we also saw jays - a first for us there. I've been loving the sunshine today as the warmth has brought out all the smells - I've been walking around constantly sniffing the air! x
ReplyDelete