Pages

Tuesday, 17 October 2017

52 Weeks Wild #41

A collection of my wild moments from the past week...

On Tuesday evening, I had a wander in the woods close to the house as it was a very pleasant evening for it...



















A colourful garden spider spotted on the drive...


Lovely light on Wednesday evening, as seen from the garden...



On Thursday, I was collecting some rose petals to go in water as part of 'smelly potions' for my outdoor learning session at school and found these mushrooms. I've never seen them before in the garden. At the time, examining them with a couple of mushroom books in hand, I was leaning towards verdigris agaric over blue roundheads, but I've since changed my mind. The two species are similar and I just think blue roundheads are more likely.


I've been keeping an eye on this patch of grass at school for the last couple of weeks, waiting for the fly agaric to appear and on Thursday morning, there they were - just two little ones, both already nibbled, that weren't visible the day before.


I also found a couple of bugs in the hydrangeas... a common green shieldbug and the harvestman, Dicranopalpus ramosus.



How was your week? 




2 comments:

  1. I've never seen mushrooms like that before, they look jelly like! I love seeing all the fungi photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love garden spiders. The picture you took is really wonderful with all the dewdrops. And I've never seen blue roundheads before. They look slimy : ).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...