Pages

Friday, 11 January 2019

A walk around Tittesworth


Tuesday was a sunny day - the first sunny day since New Year's Day.

I worked until 1:30 then made the most of the weather by walking around the reservoir, a little over 5 miles. It was lovely... I didn't see too many other people so I was alone for the majority of the walk, which I like... a bit of solitude :) Plus there were some beautiful winter colours. I don't think I need to say a lot more here, the photos are enough...





hazel catkins



I stood here for five minutes or so, enjoying the sound of waves lapping against the shore.



The pointy hill in the distance below is Shutlingsloe, the hill I walked up on in my previous post.




hazel catkins and flowers






I've never seen so many grey squirrels all at once before; the woods were alive with the sound of nibbling squirrels and wherever I looked, I could see them perched on any bits of deadwood, eating the seeds from cone after cone! There must be a few hundred in the woods here!






more hazel catkins!




The sky looked very nice as the sun set.



I also spotted the first snowdrop shoots. A couple of weeks earlier than they usually appear in this spot.



Two hours well spent :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...