I had a lovely morning yesterday, spending the morning at Home, running the second Wildlings session at The Roaches... it was so windy and the heavy showers just kept on coming, but I still had a great morning outdoors! Amazingly, we had 14 children join us, aged between 6 months and 4 years old, who trekked up the hill in the pouring rain to come and play!
We had a mud kitchen, bug hunting, scavenger hunts, colouring and journey sticks plus toasting marshmallows over the fire and a story and a snack to finish.
I'm always happy outdoors and it was nice to be able to do some term time wildplay. I love the autumnal colours taking over the landscape now. The only downside was having to rush off, soaked through to the skin, to change by the car (in the rain!) and get over to school in time to set up for my phonics lesson! Nobody at school seemed to notice my worse than usual bedraggled-ness so I got away with looking like I'd been dragged in through the hedge too! Monday mornings are so much better for a bit of wild time :)
Lovely photos, looks wild and wet!
ReplyDeleteAmanda xx
It's always good to hear so many children are getting out and enjoying themselves especially with the dismal weather! :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYour wildlife sessions look fantastic. It so good to see families and children appreciating nature and hopefully that legacy and interest will remain with them forever. Sarah x
ReplyDelete