The week began with Wildlings again and it was such a calm, pleasant morning. It started with mist, then the sun came out and there wasn't even a hint of a breeze (which was a bit odd up here!). 18 toddlers came out to play and as well as the usual activities (hammocks, mud kitchen, den building, bug hunting and such we had some water and mud painting and made chocolate bread on the fire.
The bread recipe at this session was slightly different to any bread I've ever done before with the Wildlife Trusts and it was so good! We folded in a couple of chocolate buttons too.
This week we have, of course, transitioned into Autumn with the equinox on Friday. The past week has had a very autumnal feel to it around here, a few cold and foggy mornings, spider webs everywhere, inversions...
INSERT SOME AND / Castleton stuff
I'll end with this photo of a water lily in bloom in the garden pond this week.
🍂


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)