There really aren't enough hours in my days at the moment - life has never been so busy and my 'to do' lists are long and never ending at the moment so I'm struggling to get outdoors ...
I did enjoy the first frosty morning of the season on Monday
Monday was also back to school day after half term. I took the bucket of natural treasure I had collected for the nature table the day before (see previous post), along with three little squashes I had bought...
I had also made these bats at home a few weeks ago to go on the nature table for Halloween. We're not allowed to celebrate it in school but I see no harm in a couple of Halloween bats on the nature table... they're just bats and bats are nature of course! The children loved them. One little girl made her own bat at home, just out of black paper, and brought it into school. She told me I could have it for my nature table so we tied it on to the branch next to these two - she was delighted to see it hanging there :)
This is how the nature table is looking at the moment - I was quite pleased with it given I've had so little time to collect things - it really doesn't take much I guess... now I need to think of other ideas for it as we move away from bats and pumpkins and head into winter!
(Apologies for the photo quality, I could only take photos with a school camera, which are never good!)
It's proving difficult to maintain this table at the moment as I am not getting outdoors to collect anything and I'm trying to do it all on my own. I think I might need to put a notice in the staffroom asking colleagues to bring me pine cones, interesting lichen / moss / branches... what else can I do for winter?!
I have also enjoyed the light and colours at end of the school day this week...
How are you enjoying autumn?
I, too, am enjoying autumn. The temperatures dropped fast for us this year so it feels colder than normal. I love your frost pictures! The last one almost looks like snow.
ReplyDelete