Pages

Sunday, 26 November 2017

52 Weeks Wild #47

A collection of my wild moments from the past week...

This week has not been good at all for getting outdoors. I simply have too much going at the moment. Home is so busy and school in the second half of the autumn term... well, it's a pretty hectic time and the added chaos of the christmas play means extra work for me!

This week I feel like I've just been rushing around trying to fit everything in, and it wasn't helped by my car breaking down on my way to school last Wednesday... the afternoon off work was a bonus, but sitting waiting for the recovery truck for two hours and not having a book with me wasn't the best! Thankfully, my commute is rural so I was alone for the two hours with only a tractor, two horses and a couple of delivery vans passing by. I sometimes see a sparrowhawk right where I broke down when I'm driving to and from school so kept a look out for it, but it didn't pass by while I was there.

At the weekend, life was no less busy but we had the first snowfall of the season... not a huge amount of it, just a couple of inches on the hills which soon started to thaw. Although I was too busy to go out and enjoy it, later in the day - just as it was getting dark - I was driving home and couldn't resist stopping and braving the the bracing cold wind! Certainly blew the cobwebs away! Here's a video...


So, that's that... another week down. Hopefully next week will bring a more opportunities to get outside.


How was your week?








3 comments:

  1. I always hate it when I have unexpected time and no book to read!!! Oh dear!!
    I hope your house is going well! We're getting through the process, the searches are almost all back (except the water???) and we've had the mortgage offer etc!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great - glad things are progressing for you :)

      Delete
  2. That looks so cold Louise. Love to see though, thank you.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...