A collection of my wild moments from the past week...
I completely forgot to add in last week's post that I spent Sunday afternoon with the Wildlife Trust on a wreath making afternoon. A couple of hours spent fashioning my own willow ring and then starting to add some greenery. I'm not a very creative person so that decorating part was challenging. I consider this wreath a work in progress, though it's just hanging on my door as it is right now, I don't think I'll have time to do anything else with it this year. I am tempted to ask my sister (she's a florist) to do something with it! I don't think it looks too bad though...I think it could do with a couple of feathers, or some holly and berries... it certainly could be worse anyway! The willow base will last for a few years so next year, when I have more time, I can put a bit more effort into making it look nice... (not the best photo, taken at the end of the day).
This week I did my last Wildlings session of the year (I was supposed to do the very last one next week, but I have so much on and extra work at school, so I just couldn't do it, sadly). It was a showery and very windy morning, jolly cold up there too. Numbers are a little lower at this time of year with people being busy and the weather not being so good, but we still had 5 hardly toddlers come to play :)
It has been a very cold week, but with quite a lot of sunshine too. The frost has quickly thawed in the sunshine most days, but not on Thursday. on Thursday I worked in the afternoon and had to defrost my car at midday before I could leave!
There have been some fantastic sunsets and the most amazing light as I drive home from school as the sun sets. I've not stopped to take photos but have enjoyed the light and colour this week.
Friday morning was frosty too and I caught some lovely light as I was driving to school at the sun rose... until it disappeared behind a band of cloud.
How was your week?
I quite like the wreath as it is :)
ReplyDeleteI really love that wreath, even as it is it's lovely! Beautiful shots here too Louise especially the one of the sun there, gorgeous! - Tasha
ReplyDeleteThe light is gorgeous! I DO love your wreath!
ReplyDelete