A collection of my wild moments from the past week...
The final post of the year... The past few months have been so busy I was tempted to just give up on these weekly posts completely... I've limped through to the end of the year though and even on my busiest weeks have at least noticed and appreciated nature, even if I've not had the luxury of time to spend outdoors, immersed in it.
This week has been another busy one. Daylight hours have been spent hard at work on the house but once the sun has set I've been getting cosy with a book! This means I haven't spent any time outdoors at all, and my photos have only been taken through the windows, but it's the best I could do, I have a strict deadline to meet at the moment and sadly, house has taken priority over many things this year.
I have enjoyed a few snowy scenes, a couple of sunrises and sunsets and the crisp, clear nights we've had. I've noticed and appreciated nature, even though I've not been able to get out and feel it.
That last photo was my nod to Christmas on the nature table at school. I brought him home with me at the end of term. We've had some staffing changes (again!) at school and a bit of a staff shuffle was necessary which means I am no longer spending Fridays doing outdoor learning with the nursery and reception class and so my nature table will fail before it really got going as I'm not in there any more to do anything with it. Outdoor learning won't be happening now either, which is a shame. I am happy about my new working hours though, far more convenient for me.
2018 is off to a very busy start and my weekends are all booked up for some time, so I'm not even thinking about spending time outdoors or any kind of nature based posts for this blog for 2018. I just don't have the time for it at the moment but I'll return here at some point, when I get my free time back... and I'll definitely be ready for 30 Days Wild in June.
Happy New Year
You have such lovely view from your window!! I hope things are going well with the house and i'm pleased the new work hours are better for you, shame about the outdoor learning though. I'll be keeping an eye out for any future posts you are able to do, i'll miss the gorgeous countryside around you in the meantime :) Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you too, and thanks for your comments this year :)
DeleteBeautiful photos Louise and your Reindeer made me smile. It sounds like an exciting time for you and nature will still be there when you have more time to enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year
Jacquie xxx