Pages

Thursday, 18 August 2016

RSPB Old Moor

On my way home from North Yorkshire on Sunday, I visited the wetland nature reserve Old Moor near Barnsley which is managed by the RSPB. Here's a map of the reserve...


The green path is only something like half a mile long and it's flat too so it's a very accessible reserve.

As I'm short on time at the moment, I'm going to let the pictures do the talking in this post!











A sparrowhawk flying away after causing a commotion amongst the lapwings!
















The 'Kids Go Wild' adventure playground is brilliant!  Conveniently, there weren't any families here when I was there so I was able to take my inner child down the tractor slide below and for a go on the swings!











This is somewhere I will definitely visit again.




2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely place. And even better with a child-free playground ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that spiderweb is so perfect! There's so much to marvel at.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...