Pages

Friday, 18 November 2016

November Nature - 13 to 18

Following Wild October, it was suggested on twitter that we have a hashtag for November and tag our photos of time outdoors in November and so I'm sort of attempting another 'wild' month! I'm only aiming to take a photo of something natural each day this month, (not necessarily spend any proper time outdoors) so here are my efforts for the last few days..

Day 13 - Not feeling my best today so a lazy day at home... I watched the Jackdaws and noticed how many trees around me are now completely bare. I also finished reading my Bill Bailey bird book and read all of Salar the Salmon this afternoon.


Day 14 - The oak and beech trees are mostly still hanging on to their leaves. I watched leaves falling from these trees for a few minutes on my way to school. Later on, I was heading to bed at 9pm (I haven't been well all week!) and noticed the clouds had parted to reveal the perigee syzygy moon.


Day 15 - Watching the pheasants in the garden. Every day a group of between 3 and 10 pheasants (male and female) come to 'tidy up' around the bird feeders.


Day 16 - Feeling pretty rotten today and I had to do a full day at school and had a to stay late for a long staff meeting too :( I did manage to catch the sunrise on my way out this morning though :)


Day 17 - I was at home this morning and quite glad to be indoors as I listened to the torrential rain and hail outdoors that lasted a long time! I had to go into school this afternoon and amazingly, literally five minutes before I had to leave, the rain stopped and the sun started to shine. As I drove along the lanes to school, the sky was clear and blue and the journey was beautiful with autumn colours and sparkling raindrops! Some of the lanes were running like rivers and there were floods to drive through in places after the rain all morning.

Those purple berries have been catching my eye outside a house I pass for a week or two. I have no what they are though, does anyone know?

Day 18 - Just another quick photo today, this tree always catches my eye on my way to school at this time of year. The sun was shining again today!





Have you 'Noticed Nature' this week or enjoyed any time outdoors?








2 comments:

  1. The sparkling raindrops are so magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I mentioned it on your other posts but those raindrop berry shots are just gorgeous. I also forgot to mention I loved your shot of the moon and the pheasant - so cute! Really hope you're feeling better soon. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...