Following Wild October, it was suggested on twitter that we have a hashtag for November and tag our photos of time outdoors in November and so I'm sort of attempting another 'wild' month! I'm only aiming to take a photo of something natural each day this month, (not necessarily spend any proper time outdoors) and I've already failed one day this week but did read about nature in the evening...
Day 1 - Lovely golden sunshine as I drove home from school and in this spot, it was just illuminating one tree.
Day 2 - The first proper frost of the season (a car defrosting morning) and a golden sunrise.
Day 3 - A busy day so I didn't manage a photo during daylight hours but did get comfy for a couple of hours of nature reading!
Day 4 - A carpet of cherry leaves at school and fly agaric hiding amongst the leaves. I've been looking out for a few weeks as last year the mushrooms popped up in mid October. This is the first fly agaric I've seen this autumn, it seems to be a a little late this year.
Day 5 - I spent the afternoon helping with a bushcraft party with Derbyshire Wildlife Trust. We built small shelters for toy animals and big, proper dens too, as well as doing some whittling and cooking bread over the campfire on our whittled sticks. I managed to grab one quick photo of a little home for a little otter.
Day 6 - A bit of a fail again today... at home all morning and then I spent the afternoon in Sheffield. I only managed to take two photos all day - both of this rowan tree on the Waitrose car park (and both rubbish shots!). It was raining and windy when I took the photo. The rain started as I walked back from the city centre to the car park and left me looking quite soggy!




That Fly Agaric looks magical! I'd love to see one!!! Your other shelter looks super!
ReplyDelete