Following Wild October, it was suggested on twitter that we have a hashtag for November and tag our photos of time outdoors in November and so I'm sort of attempting another 'wild' month! I'm only aiming to take a photo of something natural each day this month, (not necessarily spend any proper time outdoors). This is the final instalment, the last few days of noticing nature in November...
Day 25 - Gorse flowers in the sunshine and the last of the day's light.
Day 26 - A Walk in Lathkill Dale (see my previous post for more on that).
Day 27 - I did a bit of work for Staffordshire Wildlife Trust this afternoon and had a quick walk around the lake afterwards, before heading home.
Day 28 - As it's National Tree Week, I thought I'd visit some favourite trees over this working week, starting with one I can pass on my way to work if I take a little detour...
Day 29 - Another sunny day but a bitterly cold one with a frost that last all day in the hollows and where the sun didn't reach. I also visited another of my many favourite trees...
Day 30 - Another favourite tree, very well known, very distinctive and very much photographed! This tree says Home to me :)
So that's brings us to the end of another month and the end of November Nature. I've no plans to do any sort of daily nature related challenge in December beyond my usual, everyday, noticing the little things - or walks when I can, but I hope, as always, that most of my daily photos throughout the next month will feature nature!
Here's a photo each day from November - just two days I didn't manage to get a nature photo, but those days I did read about nature, which is better than nothing ;)
As an aside before I finish here, in2013 and 2014 I took a series of photos of those last two trees, a photo for each month of the year by way of seeing how the view changes throughout the seasons :)








Loving the tree series photos! :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks! Looking at these collages 2/3 years after I made them, they're a bit disappointing now as I know I could have used a different composition to make those trees look even better! Now I'm considering re-doing one (or both!) of them!
DeleteI love the tree series you've done, it's amazing what taking photos in the same spot can do - you inspired me to do it last year with the big tree outside of our old home before we moved, and it's amazing to see the landscape change. I can see why these trees are favourites for you. I love the colour of the gorse too! - Tasha
ReplyDelete