Day 7 - A sunny day, I felt the need for some fresh air this morning so sat in the garden for a little while before school and flicked through the latest Peakland Guardian, just after it arrived. A long after school meeting meant it was 5ish when I left school but the bare branches caught my eye - many leaves were blown off the trees over the weekend so there are quite a few wintry looking trees now!
Day 8 - A very cold day, the frost didn't disappear at home until lunch time! The head at school has changed my working hours a little again so I was home until 10:30 today - I spent a few minutes in the garden a little after 9am whilst my tea brewed and then later, just before I left the house, I watched some geese feeding in the fields.
Day 9 - Today brought the first snow of the season in the north! There wasn't any snow at my house but a little fell at Home, just a couple of miles north, and throughout the Peak District. A long day at school today, work all day and then I was out in the evening and didn't get home until after 10pm! It was a misty and dull start to the day so this is just a photo I took during my journey to work.
Day 10 - Another busy day with little time to take any photos but I did meet two sparrowhawks on my way home from school, a male and a female. The female flew along the lane in front of my car for ages before perching on a fence. I didn't get any decent photos of her though. I also met these cows. They're not normally heading in that direction after school and it wasn't the whole herd so I'm pretty sure they had escaped! I'd passed the farmer in his Landy a few minutes before I took this photo heading away from the farm and when I passed the farm further along the lane, the gate was open but there was no one around! The cows were just following their usual daily route so I'm sure they'll have either just gone into one of their fields or been gathered in again when someone realised they'd disappeared!
Day 11 - A cold and frosty day today, I noticed there was still ice around at school at 3pm!
Day 12 - Grey and drizzly all day so I took a photo of some colourful berries.
Have you 'Noticed Nature' this week?




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)