Make room for nature every June with The Wildlife Trust's 30 Days Wild, no matter where you are or how busy your life! Complete A Random Act of Wildness every day for the month... anything that you can do in an average working day to bring a little nature into your life. Find inspiration at http://mywildlife.org.uk/30DaysWild/
Saturday, 5 December 2015
Day 187 - Watching Woodpeckers
I met two great spotted woodpeckers this afternoon on my way to school. They didn't make taking a photo easy (I didn't get a good shot) but I watched them for a few minutes as they were flying around outside a farm house, landing on the wall, then flying up and from tree to tree. They didn't keep still for long and then both disappeared amongst the branches above me, in the tree I was next too. I don't know if it was a male and a female or two males as I only got a proper look at one one of them - the one I managed this quick snap of is a male.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)