The weather was wild today with some very strong wind. It's Storm Desmond, so the internet tells me, though I hadn't realised we'd had a storm beginning with C yet, I obviously missed that one.
Anyone here from my main blog will probably know how much I hate windy days, but since 30 Days Wild (remember Day 2?) I've become more tolerant of it and just a little more willing to venture outdoors in strong winds and embrace it, rather than hide from it!
I had to go to Buxton to get a voucher for my workplace Secret Santa gift and also pick up a calendar from a local photographer to send to my blogger friend in Australia (it's become a tradition for us to send each other a calendar every year, since we met up in the Peak District a few years ago). In town, I enjoyed watching leaves blow around in mini vortices outside the Opera House! I tired to take a short video, but every time I was recording, the leaves stopped swirling in circles and just blew around in any old direction, so this was my best effort...
As I often do, I drove home over the grouse moor, where I stopped and watched the grasses blowing in the wind. I noticed that there are miles of new fencing surrounding parts of the land now and grass was caught in it in many places which I quite like the appearance of...
In a moment of madness, I decided to stop and really experience the wind, in one of the most exposed places on my journey! I'm amazed the video looks this steady as in reality I was struggling to stand!
I'd parked across the road, tied back my hair and then struggled to open the car door against the wind! When I did get out, it took me ages to battle through the wind to cross the road and get down to the pool (I walked down to the bench beside it, then the wind literally lifted me up the hill as I walked back)! If only there was a video of me trying to get back to the car - the wind blew me way off course - I don't weigh a great deal so it really was a struggle, but I made it eventually!
Certainly an exhilarating ten minutes!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)