This morning I went Home and walked on the rocks :) I'll say now, this is loooong post, but it's mostly just photos, not many words to read.
This time I started at Roach End and walked up to the trig point, along the rocks and down to Doxey Pool.
As I reached Doxey Pool and was taking a photo, a noise caught my attention, a bird flying behind me...
A raven! I've never seen a raven here before!
I did see one a few weeks ago, about 2 miles up the road from these rocks, and that was the first time I've ever (knowingly) seen a raven locally.
I was a bit excited! There was a pair so I'm really hoping they like 'my' rocks so much that they'll build a nest here and make baby ravens! My photos of the one above are pretty terrible, but look how far away it was perched - see the further edges of the rocks below? It was on the inner most outcrop, almost in the centre of the image...
on the rocks to the right of those trees below, centre left. I was at full zoom, in a breeze, with unsteady hands and no tripod!
What a great moment! Once the ravens had flown away I turned my attention back to Doxey Pool
Then I turned back and retrace my steps, back to Roach End. Early on in this blog, I was here in the summer and walked from the other end of the rocks up to Doxey and back so if you want to see more of the land beyond Doxey here, see my post for Day 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)