Pages

Saturday, 29 December 2018

7 Wild Days Christmas - Day 5

I was at work before dawn this morning and didn't get home until almost 3pm. Another gloomy day here, very windy too, and what I really wanted to do was eat cake, drink tea and take a book to the sofa  but I know I would have just fallen asleep trying to read and I know I always feel better when I get out for a walk, so I pulled on my wellies and headed out. The sun made a brief appearance as I squeezed in a short walk around Gun Hill (I haven't seen it since Christmas Eve, it's been low cloud here all week).























I could see more mist rolling in from the Cheshire Plain as I neared the end of the walk so I was glad I got to enjoy that brief bit of sunlight whilst it lasted. What the photos don't show is the strong and very cold wind blowing up here, it made my eyes water!

I really didn't want to go outdoors after work this afternoon, but as always, I was glad I did. Hair a bit wilder, face frozen but I definitely arrived  home with brighter eyes and a bushier tail! I got home with more energy than I had before the walk :)

I'm working again tomorrow but am hoping to finish a little earlier to give me a little more time to get out afterwards ... finish time is flexible according to what happens on the day so we'll see.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...