Another work day for me and I finished later than expected after a pretty rubbish day. Unlike yesterday, I felt the need to get out this afternoon.. I needed a bit of solitude in nature today - mud to sink my boots into, fresh air, smells of earth and wood smoke... a praline hot chocolate from Jolly's was also in my thoughts and so I found myself arriving at Curbar Gap, just in time to join the queue and get my fix before they closed :)
I was just in time to see a skein of geese flying overhead, hearing their calls as they passed overhead, as I took my hot chocolate down the road to my usual bench...
It didn't take long to cool at all, there was a bitterly cold wind blowing right into my face, making my eyes water (as always!)... I really don't like windy days.
There, I sat beneath one tree with a robin singing in the branches overhead and looked out to another tree, watching a kestrel hunting.
As you might have noticed, my photos are a bit on the blue and grainy side because I was here for around an hour between 3:30 and 4:30pm, daylight fading fast and twilight taking over.
Hot chocolate drained, I set off across Baslow Edge
Passing the Eagle Stone
and head down around the hill, walking back beneath the edge.
Once again, I was so glad I made the effort and squeezed in my hour outdoors and the sky, as I drove home, was beautiful with that ever changing patch of light until the sun set completely.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)