This time staying close to home with a local walk. No prizes for guessing where... it's one of the most photographed spots around here and you'll have seen it before on the blog or on Peak District calendars!
It was another day with fog on the hills, but not as much fog as I'd have liked, not proper thick fog, even on the highest hills.
I was very surprised to see a fox moth caterpillar crossing the path. Surely they should be buried or tucked up somewhere sheltered at this time of year? It must be confused by the mild weather. I found another one later on at the end of the walk, a couple of miles away from this one.
I don't often approach from this direction, I was doing a familiar route backwards today. Standing Stafforshire here, with Cheshire on the left on the other side of the River Dane.
| River Dane |
Crossing this bridge takes me into Derbyshire.
I popped over into Cheshire by going across the larger, old packhorse bridge before continuing my walk in Derbyshire!
Sheep wool caught on the fence like bunting.
I'm back in Staffordshire now.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)