Pages

Thursday, 27 December 2018

7 Wild Days Christmas - Day 1

A christmas day walk in Lathkill Dale. 

I see from this blog that is has been just over two years since I last did this walk... I clearly haven't done it in spring or summer for a while... must rectify that in 2019... I do tend to get stuck in ruts walking the same places at the same time of year.
 
Anyway, it was so good to have a day off and time to get out for a walk.

Fresh air, plenty of mud and just a little bit of fog 😃

More information about the area here: Peak District Online - Lathkill Dale










hazel catkins



The River Lathkill, known for it's crystal clear water and thought to be named from the Norse hlada-kill, meaning narrow valley with a barn.











At times when there has been enough rainfall, the river emerges from Lathkill Head Cave.

























I made a quick stop on my way home too, I can never resist this wood when I'm passing on a misty day!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...