Pages

Monday, 24 December 2018

Christmas at Haddon Hall

On Sunday, I had a free day and was pretty excited to have the chance at last (I've worked a lot over the past couple of months, days off have been scarce!) to get outdoors. It was a chilly day, rainy too, but I didn't mind. I decided to visit Haddon Hall for the last day of their Christmas decorations.



Haddon is one of the best historic houses to visit in the Peak District, far better that Chatsworth in my opinion.




It has been a few years since I last visited, and my previous visit was a night time event, a candlelit tour.



One of my favourite things about Haddon is how natural it always is.




I like the paintings on the walls in the chapel too.







This years christmas displays feature well known fairytales.








Natural materials feature heavily in displays and decorations at Haddon :)


Grandma's House

A ballgown for Cinderella



Sleeping Beauty


The Elves and the Shoemaker was one of my favourite stories as a child :)


Time to head outdoors again...









The evergreens around various doorways looked pretty good.


Wobbly windows, warped over time.



Back indoors, the Dronfield Handbell Ringers were just about to perform.



I stayed for one song before heading on, keen to be outside again :)


Not a huge amount of time outdoors but it's the first day off I've had in a while where I've been able to get outside so I was very happy!






1 comment:

  1. How beautiful! I love the garlands of dried orange rings and your raindrop pictures are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...