Pages

Friday, 11 September 2015

Day 103 - Butterflies and Mushrooms

The sunshine today brought lots of butterflies to the garden again, most of them choosing the whiee buddleia, with a few on the pink / purple plants.

I counted 4 peacocks, 4 small tortoiseshells and 1 red admiral on the buddleia, with a few others flying around the garden too :)










I spent the morning at home and had lots to do so a bit of butterfly watching was all I could manage for today's bit of wild time. I went into school this afternoon and as I drove in through the gates, noticed a couple of mushrooms in the grass.


As I parked, a female sparrowhawk flew over head and then later on, driving home along the lanes, I saw a male sparrowhark fly over the fields too.




3 comments:

  1. Just lovely! I adore seeing butterflies on Buddlea!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous. We've had one brief visit from a peacock butterfly and that's been it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous photos Louise, well captured.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...