Pages

Sunday, 27 September 2015

Day 118 - Pill bugs

I had a bit of time to kill in Wirksworth this afternoon so spent some time wandering around Stoney Wood....



I found this on a bramble but don't know what it is yet.



There were lots of banded snails around.


Whilst on the ground taking a couple of photos of the eyebright...


I noticed a pill bug crawling past, then spotted a small one rolled up a little further away.


I waited for them to unroll, as they usually do but it didn't happen, so I set them down on a rock and explore a bit more...





Then went back to them. They were still curled up!


But very soon they started to move.


There goes the larger one.


I like that he's so shiny you can see the trees and sky reflected in his body!




The little one never did unroll. I found it as a ball and on closer inspection it seemed to be a little damaged, though it was alive as it did move.  I put it back in the grass and left it.




1 comment:

  1. These are super close UPS!! the pill bug is fascinating-like a wood louse's glamorous and flamboyant cousin!x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...