Pages

Tuesday, 1 September 2015

Day 93 - A Lakeside Walk

This morning I had to go down to the office to collect some kit for a school wildplay session I'm leading tomorrow morning. Whilst I was there, I had a walk around the lake to get my wild 'in' for the day as my car had to go to the garage for pre MOT check/repairs and then MOT (I'm not sure when I'll have it back - tomorrow or Thursday I hope!).

It was a lovely morning, sunshine and some warmth, but at home it was a different story - windy, cooler and under a big black cloud. Heavy showers for the rest of the day. I was glad I'd had this wild time this morning!

Moorhen and Canada geese
Great crested grebe
parent bug
There were hundreds of what I think are baby water boatmen (or maybe lesser w.boatmen)- it was hard to see, this photo is zoomed in!

I finished my walk with a drink and toasted teacake. There was a persistent common wasp around so I shared it with him, picking out a raisin for it to eat!




3 comments:

  1. I've done that before but the wasp wants the bit I want instead! Those lake photos are beautiful, such dreamy water. When are you back to school!? It was today for me!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not until Monday. We've had a seven week summer this year, not sure why but I think we've done an extra week somehow last spring/autumn. I could get used to seven week hols!

      Delete
  2. We were there today for a walk around the lake and a cup of coffee before walking down the canal and picking some blackberries - the heavens opened as we were walking back. Love your photos of the grebe and the squirrel:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...